Wednesday 17 March 2021

Posted by Cratchety Ol Joe | File under : , , , , , ,

Ahh, Those Fond Memories

It should come as literally no surprise to anyone reading THIS blog, that I had a bit of a facination with my old, and while still somwhat functional, now clearly showing its age and with a few minor faults Advent KBW100 model keyboard.

It served me for years, and I came to really hate using pretty much any other keyboard, the spacing was wrong, the keycaps horrid, the keystroke too clunky or needing the wrong pressure per key-stroke.

And so, when I finally gave up my old KBW100, it was with hesitance and a tiny amount of regret. My VERY loving wife had spent a long timesearching to find me the very closest possible match, the AKBWLBL15. And, to be honest, it was okay. I grew to adjust to the different keysize, and the other features while lacklustre didn't make me hate it. Good Job bluetooth keyboard - you weren't awful!

But... After years of looking, and finally having given up on a product line which has long since been discontinued, having found that there was for a brief time a knock-off version built to the same specs, but that too dissappeared or could not be found. I was left in a world in which I had to move on.

Until;

The scene, March 2021 - COVID lockdown has driven everyone on earth insane, the last few humans struggle through a broken world. Among them, one hunter known only as 'that guys wife' remains vigilant, ever ready to take advantage of the world, sholders haunched against the harshness of life around her... she returns to the safety of the dwelling under her arm a precious bundle. Is it food? Is it toilet roll?

No. It's two brand new in box KBW100 keyboards.

By the horn of the invisible pink unicorn, she'd found a replacement! and not just one... TWO of them... BRAND NEW AND SEALED. - a big shout out to "some office supplies warehouse guy" that sold these to my ever thoughtful wifey, you are a hero to me.

And so, in 2021, I sit here typeing away on a nice shiney NEW advent keyboard, with aluminum frame, shallow key-caps, media keys. MMmhhhmmm it's good to be home!

Let's hope this can last as long as the previous one did, with a tail wind and some luck, these two lovely silvery techno-thingies should last me the rest of my days.

BEHOLD some pictures!

The Front of the box:

The back of the box:

The unsullied seal...

Some oddly erotic box seal breaking footage:

And, finally - There it is! Mmmm that smell of new (old) tech:

And yes... I have TWO of them!!

Huge respect to my wife who, for years has had to put up with this old geek whining and moaning about keyboards. I'm so stuck in my ways I could be a pot plant. But, I thank her eternally for her patience, and her perserverance in having been able to find one after I don't know how mush searching. 2021 was a good birthday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment